What makes Danise’s heart beat fast???
- Helping all kids to discover who they are AND whose they are in Christ!
- Teaching them to make faith their own!
- Connecting church to home, where faith can really grow!
- Encouraging moms and dads to see themselves as their own kids’ spiritual Super-Heroes!
- Seeing the generations worship, grow and serve together!
- Witnessing families connect with Christ, with one another and with the world around them!
- Making learning, growing and serving accessible to everyone – all ages, all learning styles and all abilities!
- Building, equipping and shepherding teams of dedicated leaders who love kids, too!
- SUCH! GOOD! STUFF!
Danise is blessed to be at Ridgewood Church, and comes with a heart full of experience, having been a career educator, as well as serving for seventeen years at Westwood Community Church as the Director of Children & Family Ministries, in addition to being Co-Pastor of Westwood-Minnetonka, the church’s first multi-site, where she also focused on children, students and families.
As a graduate of Kansas State University (GO, CATS!), Danise bleeds purple and still has a little Kansas twang to go along with her Minnesota accent! She lives in Chanhassen with husband, Gary, and Gracie, the sweetest dachshund ever! They especially love hanging out with their now-grown kids at their family's little yellow cottage at the lake, or going to their kids’ concerts and performances around the Cities! A crazy-fan of music, movies and travel, Danise also drinks excessive amounts of coffee and tea, and has never met a cookbook she didn’t like…
Above all else, Danise humbly admits to being a work-in-progress, committed to living out and serving the mission of Jesus Christ with love, compassion and kindness, believing that we are blessed to be a blessing; and as Christ taught, that we are here to serve, rather than be served.