We are looking for a nurturing and enthusiastic kindergarten teacher for our newest venture in expanding Ridgewood Preschool to include kindergarten. Our mission is to share the love of Jesus with our community, our students, and families in our program.
- A love for Jesus and children.
- Teaching license for Kindergarten/Elementary Education or Early Childhood Education.
- Child first aid and CPR certified, this can be completed within the first 90 days of hire.
- Able to lift 35 pounds.
- Welcome all kindergarteners and families with joy and warmth.
- Oversee the safety and care of the kindergarteners in the classroom in conjunction with the classroom assistant teacher.
- Encourage and interact with children to explore, investigate, experiment, learn, and create throughout the school day.
- Plan learning activities that will ignite kindergarteners’ faith, social/emotional, and educational growth.
- Use play-based/inquiry learning that are led by students’ interests to teach educational concepts related to reading, math, science, social studies, and any additional subject matter on a daily basis.
- Collaborate with Ridgewood Preschool teachers and assistant teachers on opportunities to encourage growth in our students upon graduation from preschool and moving into kindergarten.
- Model behavior that will assist kindergartners in navigating social situations and teach positive behaviors for kindergarteners to use in future situations.
- Attend to each kindergartner’s individual needs and positively engage with them in a variety of situations that may come up.
- Seek out opportunities to connect with each student in your classroom each school day.
- Communicate well and regularly with parents.
- Provide grace-filled consistency with the students and co-workers.
- Communicate to the Ridgewood Children’s Ministry Director the needs of students and families, as needed, to ensure that we are cultivating a caring environment for them.
- Assist with light, disinfecting cleaning at the end of the school day.
- Build teamwork with coworkers and attend staff meeting and trainings.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Laurie Stay at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ridgewood offers a Residency Program for training people in the local church for the local church. For information about our Residency Program or to fill out the Initial Residency Application, click the button below.