We are looking for a nurturing and enthusiastic assistant teacher for our new preschool opening September 2022. Our mission is to share the love of Jesus with our community and the preschoolers and families in our program. Our students will range in age from 33 months to 5 years/pre-kindergarten.
- A love for Jesus and children.
- Previous teaching, assistant teaching, or working with kids in a licensed childcare center will be wonderfully helpful, but not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent with post-secondary education within the field of teaching or early childhood education will be an added bonus.
- Child First aid and CPR certified, this can be completed within the first 90 days of hire.
- Able to lift 35 pounds.
- Welcome all preschoolers and families with joy and warmth.
- Oversee the safety and care of a preschool classroom in conjunction with the classroom teacher.
- Encourage and interact with children to explore, investigate, experiment, learn, and create throughout the school day.
- Work closely with lead teacher in classroom to plan learning activities that will ignite preschoolers’ faith, social/emotional, and educational growth.
- Model behavior that will assist preschoolers in navigating social situations.
- Attend to each preschooler’s individual needs and positively engage with them in a variety of situations that may come up.
- Seek out opportunities to connect with each student in your classroom each school day.
- Communicate well with parents.
- Provide grace-filled consistency with the preschoolers and co-workers.
- Help prepare healthy snack foods.
- Assist with light, disinfecting cleaning at the end of the school day.
- Build teamwork with coworkers and attend staff meeting and trainings.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Jodi Hogan at email@example.com
Ridgewood Church is excited and eager to call an energized and relational Student Pastor to partner with them and join their team to maximize ministry efforts and reach students for Jesus.
The ideal candidate for Ridgewood Church will be a leader who is passionate about reaching students with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Modeling an authentic faith, this leader will know how to cast a compelling vision, draw students and volunteers into greater participation, and move the ministry forward into a new season. With an ability to assess and measure the current state of the ministry and how to move it forward, this new pastor will collaboratively work with others to identify goals and objectives that will maximize efforts and take the ministry to the next level.
As an engaging “people person,” intentional and authentic relationships will be at the heart of this individual’s ministry. Possessing a winsome personality and a confident yet humble heart, the ideal candidate will be approachable and warm. Able to talk to others easily, this next pastor will be passionate about people and have a heart for students who are far from God or do not yet know Jesus. The right leader will clearly communicate Student Ministry values churchwide and lovingly motivate and inspire the students to live out the purpose of the church in everyday life.
Must be a born-again Christian, committed to maturing in one’s walk with Jesus Christ, devoted to Scripture, and in alignment with Ridgewood’s values and beliefs. Bachelor’s degree required. Relevant Master’s degree a plus. A clear passion for students—not a quick stepping stone to something else. Three to five years of ministry experience leading in a church or ministry. Experience supervising, equipping and empowering volunteers. Highly relational and approachable. Spiritually mature and emotionally intelligent. Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
For more information and a complete job description contact:
Ridgewood offers a Residency Program for training people in the local church for the local church. For information about our Residency Program or to fill out the Initial Residency Application, click the button below.